Albany Racing Club
261 Roberts Road, Torndirrup, WA 6330
"A great number of notable events have taken place since the City of Albany was first settled in 1826. Among those events was the launching of the Albany Racing Club in 1865. Records held by the Club indicate that the first Committee Meeting was conducted at the Albany Mechanical Institute on 23rd March 1865. Worthy of note is a Cash Book Entry dated 23rd of March 1865 which states ""Refreshments for Stewards at Racecourse - Three pounds, fourteen shillings and threepence."" Stewards were obviously well catered for even in 1865!
The original race track was located on the Albany Highway on the northern outskirts of the Township until 1927 when it re-located to Centenary Oval. 1975 saw yet another re-location to the existing Percy Spencer Course at Roberts Road, Albany. Percy Spencer served as Club President for a great number of years."