Coolgardie Racing Club
Meldrum Ave, KALGOORLIE WA 6430
"Kalgoorlie-Boulder's famous ""Racing Round"" gets its name from the fact that the 'Big Three' would each conduct carnivals at their respective tracks. The order of the meetings would be alternated in order to give each club the best of the weather and attendances.
The first of the three majors to suffer was Coolgardie. The advent of World War One effectively closed their track. Although picnic meetings would be conducted in and around Coolgardie in the following decades, it was not until the Coolgardie Cup was reignited in 1939 that racing returned in earnest.
In 1943 the Coolgardie Club began staging their meetings at the Kalgoorlie track and have been doing so ever since. They still remain a separate and proud club to this day."