New Westbred Bonus Structure for Westbred Foals born after 1st September 2011
• No Westbred Levies on foaling notifications or naming applications – breeding and racing cost saving of approximately $400 per foal.
• Introduction of a 12.5% Westbred Breeder Bonus over and above all Westbred Bonus payments to owners, trainers and drivers in open 2yo or 3yo races for stakes between $3001 and $19,999.
• Introduction of a minimum of 35 Westbred Only 2yo and 3yo races at Non-SKY tracks
• A $2000 Westbred Connections Bonus for winners only of Westbred Only 2yo & 3yo races to be split among owner 87.5%, Trainer 7.5% and Driver 5%.
• A $250 Westbred Breeders Bonus for winners only of Westbred Only 2yo & 3yo races to be paid to the registered breeder.
1. The proposed changes are only for foals born after 1st September 2011
2. No Westbred Only 2yo and 3yo races to be introduced until 2013/14 (2yos) and 2014/15 (3yos). No change to existing programming policy for 2yo and 3yo races in 2011/12 and 2012/13 and no change for 3yos in 2013/14.
3. Foals of 2008, 2009 and 2010 will race under the existing Westbred Bonus conditions as the breeders and owners of these Westbreds have already paid Westbred Levies which fund Westbred 1st win Bonus and Owners 1st Win Bonus (Westbreds that don’t earn a Westbred win bonus as 2yo or 3yo)
As there are differing conditions and benefits applicable to foals of the 2008/09, 2009/10, 2010/11 and 2011/12 seasons check out the conditions that pertain to your Westbred horse below