Weekly Greyhound News
25 October, 2017
MY OZCHASE UPDATE
Are you a licensed greyhound participant in WA and not verified yourself as a MyOzChase user after receiving an email from RWWA a few months ago, or haven’t heard about MyOzChase yet?
MyOzChase, the new online portal for greyhound racing industry participants, provides an easy way for participants in the Greyhound Racing Industry to perform transactions online that previously had to be completed manually and via paper-based Forms. The portal will also improve communications between participants and Greyhound Racing Controlling Bodies. The MyOzChase website is not only designed for use on PC’s and laptops, but is also compatible with most versions of Android and iOS mobile devices, tablets and iPads, thus supporting industry interaction on-the-go.
MyOzChase currently offers the following functionality to users who register, obtain a log-in and complete a once-off identity verification prior to transacting online with their Controlling Body:
- Online updates of personal, address and financial details
- View all their associated greyhounds (as an Owner, Trainer, Custodian, etc.)
- Submit Notifications of Retirement for greyhounds
- Submit Trainership and/or Kennel changes for greyhounds (replacing the current Kennel Notification or Notice of Training / Removal Form)
- Link through to the Online Nominations website (for Trainers only)
Enhancements have been made to the system since it became operational mid-year. Filtering and sorting has been added to the My Greyhounds screen to allow users to break down the list of greyhounds on display. Just a reminder that your My Greyhound list shows any greyhound to which you currently have an association with (as an Owner, Trainer or Custodian according to the data available in OzChase), so you may need to retire, change Trainership or change kennels on some of them.
Further enhancements will be made to some of the current screens as we strive to provide improved functionality to industry participants.
Development work is currently in progress on the transfer of un-named greyhounds which should be available to MyOzChase users in the near future. Other functionality being developed includes a simple notification process to users and the ability to submit greyhound naming applications and whelping notices online. Work also continues behind the scenes to cater for online payments which, once available, will allow many transactions that involve financial payments to be made available online.
The functionality to be available on MyOzChase will increase over time to offer some, or all, of the following:
- Submit and pay for transfers of named greyhounds
- Submit and pay for new licences
- Submit and pay for licence renewals
- Submit (and pay, if applicable in a particular State) for new Ownership Group or Syndicate applications
- Submit nomination of a Dam to be registered for breeding purposes
- Submit request for breeding exemptions for a Dam
- Submit request for breeding leases
- Submit and pay for litter registrations
- Submit and pay for duplicate Greyhound ID Card, Pink Card or Person Licence Cards
- Submit and pay for non-FSI breeding services
- Pay a fine or late fee
- Update greyhound vaccination details
- Upload a new photo as an update to personal details
- Access to various reports, such as view prize money split, view nominated greyhounds in account, etc.
- Deliver tailored, State-specific content to participants via their preferred method of communication (including the ability to opt in or opt out of future communications)
- Submit scratchings (some States only)
- Integrate Online Nominations and related functions into the MyOzChase website.
Additional information will become available on MyOzChase in the future to allow the general public, who register to use the website, to:
- Search for a greyhound in the system and be able to view a summarised list of greyhound data
- View race performances for a selected greyhound
- View the Trainer database (only those who have agreed to have their details published) to seek the services of a Trainer for a greyhound.
MELBOURNE CUP DAY KENNELLING AND QT’S
The Melbourne Cup Day meeting will be conducted at Mandurah on Tuesday 7 November. The race meeting details are as follows:
Kennelling between 1.00pm – 2.00pm
First race 3.13pm
Qualifying Trials will be scheduled at this meeting and will be run as per usual in between the end of kennelling and the first race.
CANNINGTON MONDAY MEETINGS
With the Northam season coming to an end on October 30 the Monday racing focus moves to Cannington during the warmer months. A mix of Country races over the 275m, 520m, 600m & 715m races will be programmed.
Kennelling times for Monday 6/11 and 13/11 will be 4:15pm – 5:15pm
Kennelling times for Monday 20/11 and 27/11 will be 4:45pm – 5:45pm
The 4:45pm – 5.45pm kennelling times will be the normal times throughout the rest of the summer season.